Questions about AMON and IMON.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Matt_Smi, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I recently got NOD32 and had a few questions about AMON and IMON. AMON automatically scans files when you click on them correct? And if a file is infected a box will pop up and let you know? Also when your computer is idle is it constantly scanning files? With IMON does it scan Internet files before they are loaded on your computer? And if it finds a virus does it block it from getting on your computer and alert you? And the lastly I have heard that if you run Ad-aware with AMON enabled it will sometimes pop up with false virus warning’s, how do you shut AMON off to prevent this from happening during AD-aware scans? Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you use the higher efficiency mode, it should be blocked. If you use the higher compatability mode, it may reach your computer. Amon will catch it then.

I haven't had that problem myself, but have seen where others did.

From the NOD help file.

AMON is the most important line of antivirus defense. It is critically important to keep it running at all times using the most current version of the virus signature databases. AMON monitors all potentially threatening actions on protected computers such as opening, executing, creating, or renaming files.

3. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

One feature I like of NOD32 is instant access to the Virus Log, the IMON hits in particular. For I add named websites/IP addresses to my HOSTS file, preventing future access to those sites and their bugs.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Yes it's sometimes a little frustrating getting AMON popups during an AdAware scan. I've never found these to be false positives, but not-active positives (AdAware temporary copies of malicious crap) . If I want to let AdAware finish its scan and do a clean I just click close on the AMON popup without taking any other action first. To be sure you could run a manual scan afterwards if you wanted, but I don't bother with that anymore...(I used to)
    If it was active AMON should detect it in memory or as it created more new files and notify again...

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Not when you just click on it but when you create(this applies to newly downloaded files too),copy or move it. NOD32 also checks the file when you actually execute it.

Yes,you can't miss the warning box. It's red and has an animated NOD32 eye in it.

No,NOD32 checks only files that are being executed,copied,created or moved.
    If none of these actions is performed on your PC then NOD32 will not scan anything at that time (unless you set a scheduled scan).

Yes,IMON HTTP Scanner acts like a proxy between your browser and internet.
    Everything that you'll see later in web browser is first checked by IMON HTTP Scanner.

Yes,warning will be similar to AMON warning. You'll have only option "Terminate connection".

Haven't seen any such false positive. Ad-aware might just trigger NOD32 AMON when it checks files (if there is malware that was missed by NOD32 with older virus definitions).
    But you can temporarely disable AMON in NOD32 Control Center.
    Just select AMON module and remove checkmark at Enable AMON(or something similar) on the right side panel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.