Questions about Active@Disk Image?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by jolt2, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolt2

jolt2 Registered Member

I am thinking of buying Active@Disk Image and have questions about it. I have used True Image and Ghost in the past but only older versions on XP or older operating systems.

I like making the image backup from a boot disk and not within Windows. Is Active@Disk Image capable of making images from a boot disk?

Active@Disk Image offers a starter and a standard program software. The starter does not do RAW images. I am not sure what that is or if I would need it. The starter program looks to have all that I would use if I can make a boot disk to image from. Any suggestions on why I would need the standard software?

Does Active@Disk Image work well with SSD and raid drive setups?

Can it restore to other hardware (hard drive, motherboard change, etc.)?

I thought it best to ask here first from people who have used the program. Thanks for any help.

2. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Yes

Raw Disk Image means it would copy all sectors, including unused sectors.
    You need this or not just depends on yourself or your need.
    If you need clone disk or clone partition feature, then you need standard version.

It supports SSD and dynamic disk.
    -http://www.disk-image.net/dynamic.htm-

Yes, but after restored to different hardware(s), OS may be cannot start, depending on hardware and OS.
    If your OS is Vista or later, it would have a larger chance to start properly.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  3. jolt2

jolt2 Registered Member

Thank you for the answers and the link to some info for me about the program and it's use with RAID drives. It looks like the starter version will not work with RAID drive setups as it can not do raw imaging. This has helped me greatly.

4. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Starter version also supports imaging and restoring dynamic volumes
    -http://www.disk-image.net/features.htm-

If you need the feature for Raw Disk Image, then you need Standard or above version:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.