Question to Eryans Explanation.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by loser, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loser

loser Registered Member

some users, like myself, cannot upgrade to Version 3 due to bugs and issues.

my problem with version 3 was not being able to disable the web protection feature, which slows my internet, and computer to a crawl.

other then that, not everyone has received the updates. i like many others are still on 3301 etc.. and are almost now 5 days behind in updates.

any word on this? and when it will be fixed?

ty in advance.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you tried installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.669.0 on your computer? Earlier builds of ESET NOD32 Antivirus had problems that were fixed in subsequent releases, and it is possible the one you experienced has been resolved.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. piranha

piranha Registered Member

i know someone stick on 3300 (july 25) and cant update (v2.7). impossible to make the updating upon the return to vacation. Just cant upgrade to v3 too, this pc is too old, waiting for a fix

4. loser

loser Registered Member

the only version of 3 i tried was the .669 build.

upon uninstalling it, i noticed a "significant" increase is system performance and net speed. i.e. pages loading, download speeds, etc...

i tried excluding firefox and internet explorer from the list by X'ing it out. didnt work.
    i unchecked every box in email and web settings and it helped. but upon restarting computer, all the settings were reset to default.

i went to 2.7 and havent noticed any system lag or net slowdown.

5. piranha

in my opinion, it is better to be protect with v2.7 full protection than less with v3

6. spelunk

spelunk Registered Member

Something I often wonder is what on earth are people doing that they reveive so many viruses / attacks ? Especially, what are they doing to receive all most recently detected ones....

7. piranha

misfortune and/or negligence to secure/update its pc and/or risky internet navigation (warez web site, etc)

8. agoretsky

Hello,

It is possible the problem was due to an incompatibility with another program on your system. What I would suggest doing is opening a support ticket directly with ESET using this form, since resolving the issue is probably going to require looking at at your configuration of the software, an ESET SysInspector log and perhaps even a remote access connection if the support engineer wants to examine your system, and these are not easily provided or scheduled through the forum.

When creating the ticket, be sure to include a link to this message thread, and it would probably help speed things up if you downloaded a copy of ESET SysInspector and had a log file ready to send.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

9. loser

loser Registered Member

i recently had a hard drive fail and had to install a new one.

so as i type this , there are 3 peices of software installed outside the standard windows xp pro sp3.

adobe creative suite cs3. which i need for work.
    firefox v3.01. because internet explorer sucks.
    and finally.
    nod32 2.7.

i have no firewall installed because im sitting behind a hardware firewall.

other then that.
    dell inspiron 9300 laptop.
    2.2 gig intel mobile processor
    2 gigs ddr2 dual channel memory
    160 gig 7200 rpm harddrive
    nvidia 7800gtx video 256 meg.

standard install windows xp pro sp3.

to better explain the problem i had with Version 3.

the web filtering feature was causing my net speeds to take a turn for the worse and in turn causing my system to slow down drastically.

granted this was only when using the internet, but you get my point.

after uninstalling Version 3, my internet and system were back to normal.

now i posted before on asking how to disable this feature of your software, as im not really worried about "web protection" and the answer i recieved was this.

but even upon doing this, i still had the same slowdowns.

so i went into settings and unchecked EVERYTHING in settings for web protection and email protection.

after doing this, on the main window the email protection read as disabled and the web protection read as disabled.

alas, my system started to act normal, i was happy, then i rebooted and the settings were reverted back to default and both modules were re-enabled.

after screaming and yelling profanities, i uninstalled version 3 and installed version 2.7.

so in retrospect, my main and only gripe with version 3, is not being able to permanently disable the web protection and email protection modules, neither of which i "NEED."

as for version 2.7, not a single problem. other then, you know, not being able to update :rolleyes:

10. agoretsky

Hello,

I can see why you might possibly have a problem using ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0 on that system. If my guess is right, the ESET SysInspector log will be helpful in confirming my suspicion.

When you open your ticket with support, can you please mention that I asked you to open the case, upload an ESET SysInspector log file and PM me the ticket number? I will then go over your case with the assigned support engineer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It'd be of interest to know if disabling only the real-time protection makes a difference. I assume it will so you could begin narrowing it down further then, for instance, by setting the default extenstion set to scan instead of all files. I gather you were using default settings and didn't enable advanced heuristics / runtime packers on file access, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.