Question regarding various windows tweaks

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by n8chavez, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I recently had my HDD crash and me. It was pretty bad, I lost everything. Luckily I have slowly but surely beet getting things back to the way they were, or even better. Before you you ask, I had created some Drive Snapshot images but they were corrrupted. My guess is that they affected by my HDD issues when I created the Ultimate Boot Disc for Windows ISO. Anyway, as I said, I am trying to get things back to normal. I had a couple of miscellaneous questions that I'd appreciate any and all help to.

How can I remove the Empty Recycle Bin context menu entry?

I need to add a startmeny/run shortcut to the quick launch bar for TrueLauch Bar, dragging and dropping does now work.

How do I remove the Windows "brand" in the upper right hand corner of Explore and IE windows?

Thanks.

2. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I haven't tried it myself (so I can't vouch for this program other than the fact that VirusTotal, MBAM, and SAS all say it is clean) but ThrobOff is supposed to be able to do this with Windows versions up to XP at least. I believe it just changes some registry entries and can also reset them to original if needed.

Also, you could just replace the Windows icon in Explorer and Internet Explorer using TweakUI if you are using XP.

3. axial

axial Registered Member

4. accessalternative

accessalternative Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.