Question regarding the licence.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mr_yoda, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

I have a friend who is interested in purchasing Eset Smart Security for his home pc and a laptop. The thing is, he has not purchased his laptop yet and is unsure as to when he will. My question is this: Can he buy a 1 user licence for his pc and then upgrade it to a 2 user licence when he purchases a laptop?

2. NefCanuck

NefCanuck Registered Member

Sorry to slightly threadjack, but I asked a similar question to ESET's contact us homepage and didn't get an answer (I've waited 48 hours for a reply)

I currently have a desktop PC running XP Pro with a valid ESET license until Feb 09.

I have just purchased an HP Tablet PC with Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Can I buy an upgrade to both machines, harmonizing the date of renewal to now or do I have to buy a renewal for the desktop in Feb 09 and a full license for the tablet PC?

NefCanuck

3. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

I've just found this on the Eset website:

"The licence upgrade facility allows you to increase an existing ESET licence to cover additional computers, laptops, servers and mail server mailboxes. Upgrading a licence is quick and easy to do. The existing licence expiry will remain the same and the cost of any additional licences you purchase will be pro-rata'd across the remaining licence term.
    Upon processing, you will be issued with a new licence to cover the total quantity."

Not sure about how it works having XP and Vista installed on different machines though. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out with that.

4. NefCanuck

Thanks that at least answers part 1 of my questions (and I will set this up tonight, I refuse to run another day without proper protection for the new machine) I just hope I can find this on the website to purchase easily: P

Now hopefully part 2 gets answered (or maybe when I go to add the license they'll suggest I renew the original box, since it expires in two months anyways?)

NefCanuck

5. NefCanuck

Okay this isn't good. I just tried to purchase the renewal and was told that "my user name and email addres don't exist as a valid combination"

Yet when I requested that the automated system resend the user name I got the exact same thing back, then I tried using lowercase on the EAV, nope no joy o_O

What am I doing wrong?

NefCanuck

6. NefCanuck

Ok, I'm starting to wonder here, it is nearly 48 hours after my second request for support from ESET (both times I used their automated form) and I've received no answer at all other than an automated acknowledgment of my request.

I don't want to use another product, but I'm finding this lack of response disturbing, esp. since I'm trying to spend money on their products o_O

NefCanuck

7. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Did you originally purchase your license directly from ESET or did you go through a reseller? If the latter, you should contact that firm to see if they can help you.

8. NefCanuck

Directly from ESET's website back in Feb 07

NefCanuck

9. NefCanuck

Still nothing and I tried to reply to the generated ticket about my license question... any hope that the business line will listen to me if I call them? (How hard can it be to spend $?)

NefCanuck

10. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can order licenses and have them harmonized by calling ESET's sales department at +1 (866) 343-3738.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

11. NefCanuck

Thank you, the problem has been resolved by calling into the sales department and a license has been purchased for the laptop. Now I can take it outside without fearing that it will be instantly compromised :D

NefCanuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.