Question regarding Apple boot camp (bootcamp) restore

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by drosenth, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drosenth

drosenth Registered Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Greetings -

I am in the process of doing a full set of tests with my new Macbook Air running Win 7 32bit to make sure I can complete image backups but more importantly image restores. I have noticed that if I use the sector backup it just isn't happy, and I am running a series of backup tests to make sure this is my Acronis replacement tool (they don't support boot camp so I am pretty much praying that this works fine). Anyway, my current question -

- Has anyone successfully restored an image w/o issue? I am referring to my Win7 32bit image on my Macbook Air

- Also, is there anything I need to know as far as making sure my backup parms are correct, and/or how to ensure the restores are repeatable

- I guess one more - are there any process write-ups that I could leverage, just to keep me from testing this like CRAZY?

I am a HUGE believer in backups, especially image backups since storage is so cheap and it is easy to return after a BSOD (like I just had, after installing MS011-12/13 on my MBA - a KNOWN issue).

Any feedback would be appreciated, and I will keep my boot camp results coming.

Thanks all,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.