Question RE: Win XP taskbar settings

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

Aug 1, 2002
    I use Win XP SP2. I always run as Admin. In fact, I haven't even established a limited user account.

I want the icons for my 4 main security programs to always show in the Taskbar. I want all other icons to hide.

I set XP to do this as follows ("lc" = left click & "rc" = right click)...

After I make the above settings, icons for A-squared & Kerio ALWAYS appear in the Taskbar. Icons for Spider Guard & SSM show in the Taskbar only temporarily -- usually for quite a long time -- but eventually they do not show. Instead, they revert to the hidden part of the Taskbar. This is not caused by any action on my part -- such as restart, or in any way *disturbing* the two programs. The programs are still running, but they just decide to hide their icons.

I have a suspicion that the tendency of these 2 programs to hide their icons has something to do with their internal protection against termination. But that is merely a suggestion.

By the way, all 4 of these security programs are well-protected from termination by any nasty. I simply like to see their pretty little icons over there next to the clock.

Any ideas as to why Spidey & SSM are so shy? Any ideas how to fix it?
  2. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Jul 7, 2006
    I have an idea what the issue is. Vaguely speaking, it is a bug in the program that causes it to hide itself. I could be wrong, but a recent upgrade on SystemSafetyMonitor addresses this problem, which I also experience. I could be wrong though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.