question re renewing nod32 AV

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by michael harrison, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael harrison

michael harrison Registered Member

I have gone online and purchased a new renewal lic.
    removed the older version which runs out in 5 days, downloaded the latest version of nod32AV - installed it and entered my username and new password, opened the program and clicked on update then update username and password, entered both again, but the icon in the system tray (XP SP3) still shows yellow and the expiry date on the program has not moved to the new date. Not sure what needs to be done next,,,thanks for any help...

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello michael harrison,

Click the tray icon, select open window, go to help on the upper right, and choose verify license periodically. It may take a few hours.

3. michael harrison

michael harrison Registered Member

thanks ronjor,
    I believe it is OK now. I rebooted again and again rec. the message about the program expiring in 4 days - so I entered the user name and password again and now the icon has turned green so looks like it got through..thanks for the prompt reply...:thumb:

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Alrighty then. :D

5. Danutak

Danutak Registered Member

Few hours passed and I am still with the orange icon after renewing the licence and countless time rebooting. Any ideas?

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It could take 24 hours for your license to appear. Try the steps outlined above.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does selecting Help -> Verify license validity make a difference?

8. Danutak

Help -->verify license validity is what I do, then pasting my user name and the password I have. I am getting the message that the license is going to end in two weeks. Maybe I should wait 24 hours. If it does not change till tomorrow noon I will let you know. Thanks for the prompt answer

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps the best would be if you contact the distributor / reseller you purchased the renewal from. Maybe they issued a new license for you instead of extending the current one which is usually done if a renewal is purchased in 2-3 days before the license is due to ensure that the client can start using the license immediately instead of waiting for changes in the license to propagate to all servers.

10. Danutak

Thank you so much, for the help. I got the green eye back and the correct renew date. AV works like a charm. :D :D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.