Question re registration

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eyes-open, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

For some reason I am unable to buy TI on-line. o_O

I just keep on getting the following: Error Number: 30024002 - 0

I don't know why, I have made a special effort to give the sites permissions, double check information, etc.....

So my question is - if I buy the boxed version, should I expect to find a registration no. in there that I can use to update on-line with ?

Appreciate any help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. eyes-open

Many thanks for the quick reply.

As I still don't seem able to get through the on-line shopping process, I've opted for making an on-line store purchase of TI from a UK supplier.

I'm sure that registering and updating the product, once I have taken delivery of TI, will be a straightforward experience :).

Cheers
    eyes-open.

4. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Error Number: 30024002 - 0 seems to be a common problem (Google).

What browser are you using?

5. eyes-open

Hi PaulB2005,

I use Firefox - yes, I had previously Googled the error code and it does seem to cover a variety of issues.

Luckily, on this occasion it isn't crucial to me and the workarounds mean I don't have to examine it more closely at this point. I can see no reason why registering the product once the boxed version arrives should meet with the same difficulties, and by the same token - I would expect that downloading updates will also be fine.

I appreciate your kind concern tho' thanks :)

(p.s. I hope this didn't sound too curt, it was not intended - just seemed to come out that way).

6. PaulB2005

Did you try with IE?

7. eyes-open

No Paul, on this occasion I chose not to follow that path. I use FF for all my day-to-day on-line activities. I can see no reason why there should be something inherent in digitalriver.com that would preclude users of FF from using their service. If anything IE has less permissions than FF on my machine - in point of fact just two - 'stay there' & 'don't move' :ninja: .

But seriously had the service relied on a browser with an 'IE engine' I would have expected a message alerting me to the fact when I first opened the page.

It could have just simply been an 'on the day' thing, and it may be fine now. It could be that I missed something obvious - and am guilty of what is quaintly termed an ID- 10 -T error. As I said, it isn't such an issue at this point that I feel the need to investigate it further.

What small investigations I have made, lead me to be confident, that if for any reason I am forced to rely on digitalriver.com, their support staff are ready and able to ensure I can see the process through successfully.

(Great, I now sound like a PR firm representing the very service I was unable to use :D).

Thanks for your continued support tho' Paul.

8. PaulB2005

Ok.

Thamnks for the laugh -
    ROFLMAO

9. eyes-open

Just to round this off properly - My disc arrived and online registration/updating to the latest version was quick & easy, with no additional expense incurred.

cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.