Question re: proxyspd.dll

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by JosephDamien, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephDamien

JosephDamien Registered Member

I was looking in my startups and saw a file that is a BHO and located in my System32 folder. Is is proxyspd.dll. It is only identified as a BHO and as a proxy connection support dll. There is no company listed. I am always worried about files in startup that I can't identify so wondered if anyone can shed some light on what this file in my startup might be? I'm just an average user but do try to be security aware. I could not find a way to post this in the general forum so am posting it here and apologize in advance if this is not the correct forum. Again thanks to anyone who can help. JD

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Joseph, welcome to foums. :)

First, yes it really should be in another place, but I shall leave it here [or other Mod may move] for time being so yuo can see this reply, and if moved, just click on the 'placeholder' link and it will take you to the new location. :)

Now, it appears it "could" be spyware.

See pic of info from HERE also mor info HERE .

Cheers, TAS...

I shall do bit more digging if time permits, it's 1.40 am. at the moment though.

edit: 1DC9D850-044D-11E1-B3C9-00805E499D93 is the ID of it. I just did search of my own system and nothing found, so it's likely it is not genuine, unless yu have installed a program that uses it.

Here is more info on it from Tony Klien, just scroll to that number HERE X=adware/malware.

TAS

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

4. JosephDamien

JosephDamien Registered Member

My thanks to all who responded to my question. I have downloaded BHO Demon and used it to disable the proxyspd.dll file. I hope that this will take care of this file doing any harm to my computer. Thanks again to all. JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.