Question re: NOD32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by fce, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

If Nod updates normaly and in the settings, server is set as "choose automatically", lan is set for broadband adsl/cable, you don't use a proxy server (make sure there isn't a tick) and lan servers connection is set to system account...

o_O

2. fce

fce Registered Member

yup my set up is correct.

but i noticed theres no account name and password (maybe because i'm still at trial version)

3. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

4. fce

fce Registered Member

can somebody explain why my nod32 panel (right) become clear?

Attached Files:

• pics.jpg
      pics.jpg
      File size:
      57.5 KB
      Views:
  5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You must update your video card driver to solve that issue

6. fce

fce Registered Member

my video card is nvidia ge force 7400

i can run my command conquerer 3 without any problem.

maybe my nod32 is corrupted :D

7. fce

fce Registered Member

another question, why the other window of NOD32 is working fine. (see attached)

is there any effect on the efficiency of NOD32 on whats happening right now in my NOD32?

how can i check if this is my video card issue?

Attached Files:

8. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I believe the left side panel can be adjusted whereas the right side cannot. It has nothing to do with your video card. Just drag the left panel even with the right.

9. fce

fce Registered Member

thats not my problem.

what im saying is the right side panel is clear (see my first attached picture), if you will check the second picture the right side panel is fine.

my concern is maybe my nod32 is corrupted and theres effect on security work.

10. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

To my mind it's a purely graphical issue. Happened to my also on several occasions for no apparent reasons. Reboot and all is fine usually. You can check that you're protected by looking at the different modules and whether the amount of files scanned still increases. But believe me there should really not be a security issue. With version 3 Nod finally gets a better interface as well.

11. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Its likely a drawing issue. In this case this is more likely the fault of NOD32 itself rather than the drivers (but to be honest it could be the fault of either). There have been similar problems with BitDefender and BD team released an update to fix it some time back.

12. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

I just remembered, you could turn off the graphical interface all the way, then NOD will look like on your first picture. Think of it as a different skin that has nothing to do with function.

13. fce

fce Registered Member

thanks guys for the reply!

i try to update my driver and it works ;)

BTW, just check AV-comparative test and nod32 get low ranking compare to my pccillin IS 2007.

is it worth it to transfer to nod32 now that its ranking is low compare to my previous AV (Pccillin)?

14. Firecat

Which AV-comparative test are you talking about? o_O

NOD32 has first class heuristics which are better than anything else on the market right now. Speaking purely from a trojans/worms/backdoors perspective the latest AV-test test does show Trend to be better than NOD32, but when counting the entire spectrum of malware (viruses, script malware, other malware, polymorphics etc. along with the already mentioned types of malware), NOD32 is better than Trend Micro.

As such IMO Trend is pretty good as an AV, so personally I don't think you needed to switch to NOD32, but if you like NOD, then whats the problem? ;)

BTW, what detail levels and resolution are you able to run Command and Conquer 3 on your GeForce 7400 gfx card? :)

15. fce

fce Registered Member

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2135053,00.asp

resolution setting for my C&C3 1024x768. All terrain/water/model detail at high graphics presets.

regarding switching to nod32, starting last month when i experienced lots of URL pop-ups that hang my computer i beef up my computer security by adding superantispyware, spywareblaster and looking for NEW AV.

when i used nod32 and scan my computer it found 2virus w/c pccillin missed out. with that telling me that nod32 AV is pretty good :)

16. fce

fce Registered Member

its back!! :D

the problem still exist after updating my video card driver!!

maybe its NOD32 drawing issue, hope they fix this problem. :cautious:

17. Firecat

Its best you send them an email about it, or else it may take longer to get fixed if it is a NOD32 issue.

18. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have never seen a case when a user updates the drivers and the issue continues.

If you contact ESET Support I am sure they will be able to be of more help than we are .

19. fce

fce Registered Member

i already informed NOD regarding my problem. waiting for their reply.

thanks guys!

20. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Further development of NOD32 v2 has been discontinued. We have never found any problems in the code re. graphics and divers have always been the culprit when there was a graphic drawing issue. You can either disable graphical interface or install ESS beta if you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.