Question re: Easy CD/DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by mdv921, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdv921

mdv921 Registered Member

My DVD burner is a 16X drive and the DVD's I'm using are 20X discs, but when I burn a DVD the maximum speed Easy Recorder burns them at (in fact the only speed) is 6X. I have the software set to detect the maximum speed allowable so why is it only burning at 6X?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

3. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Hello mdv921;

What OS are you using ?
    Is your burner IDE or SATA ?

Two possible reasons for the slow burns;

I have read that a burner will sometimes perform under spec if the burning program is set to an automatic mode such as "max".
    It only a guess, but you might want to try setting the maximum burn speed to 16X and see if that increases the burn speed.

-Also-

In Device Manager, check the optical drive controller/advanced settings/transfer mode.
    It should be set to DMA. If the setting is PIO, that will significantly reduce your burn speed.
    If the setting is PIO, you can reset the controller to DMA.
    The link below will give an overview for the proceedure in XP, but the process is pretty much the same with Vista and (I believe) Windows 7.

http://www.cdrlabs.com/forums/how-enable-dma-windows-with-pictures-t7625.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.