Question on resources with Avast & MSE

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sportsfan7700, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    In the past I used Avast back in the 4.0 days, and now I am using MSE which seems to be performing well. If I removed MSE and switched to Avast Free, would I see a drastic resource intensive hit as I have seen when I had 1st installed it, (was 125 mb at the time). MSE is 13.4 mb

I do know MSE is light and fast, but is there anything for sure that is better (even detection wise) within Avast 5 free or am I better off sticking with MSE?

Matt

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Avast Home is much more configurable with many more features, almost as if it's paid. MSE has another process which uses more RAM (don't remember which). Anyhow, the detection rate difference is negligible imo..

3. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

avast! 5 Free is actually less resource intensive than MSE (discounting Web Shield RAM allocation which will grow as you open browser pages).

If no-cost is of prime importance, avast! Free is free only for non-commercial use at home whereas MSE is free for home and home-office use.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Please read our Policy on these type questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.