Question on resizing partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by blackcat1134, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackcat1134

blackcat1134 Registered Member

Hi,

Quick question for everyone who can answer.

First off, I made a new partition from my C: drive, a small 10 gig partition. I then realised that it wasn't enough space, so I created ANOTHER partition, this time 60 gigs off my C drive

So here's what it's like:
    C: 37G used 5gb remaining
    E: 66GB free space
    G: 10Gb free space.

Only problem that I'm running into is that when I selected to create another partition (drive E) it asked to restart to finish creating the partition, I couldn't use the wizard guide to create the partition. I did. It's just sitting on a black screen while my disk light is constantly working.

Approx. HOW LONG is it supposed to take to create another partition? I'm getting worried here, it's taking a little over an hour just to create a new partition. I cannot afford to reinstall windows at this point.

Any clues?

Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Did you select to make this partition form free space?

How many partitions do you now have on the drive? You'll only be able to have 4 primary, though umpteen logical.

Did you backup the drive before starting to alter partitions?

I take it, the never ending loop is after the PC has rebooted.

Colin

3. JCBrower

JCBrower Registered Member

I too am having a problem with my computer after trying to resize the c: partition.

I have three partitions on my computer and I was trying to take space from e: and give it to the c: partition.

I went through the process and when it got to the point where it reboots the system, it's running into an error I guess and is in a continual loop trying to boot up.

I of course did not make the boot disk and I don't know how I can go about undoing the resize or getting this computer to boot up.

The program isn't recognizing the fact that the computer can't reboot and I'm stuck in this horrible loop.

Does anybody have any suggestions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.