Question on Paragon B&R10 "Update MBR"

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bg56, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bg56

bg56 Registered Member

I have a Windows 7 system that has two hard drives - both bootable. I need to remove my 2nd hard drive so I can install a new hard drive in HD1 slot to do a drive clone of my first drive but cannot. If I remove the 2nd hard drive and boot, I get "ntoskrnl.exe" missing.

Question: If I remove the 2nd hard drive, boot from a bootable recovery CD (built by B&R10), then "UPDATE MBR" of the 1st hard drive - will that fix my problem?

If not ideas on how I get past this?

Thanks

2. bg56

bg56 Registered Member

To answer my own question - the answer is "NO" it does not fix my problem. I removed the 2nd hard drive, ran B&R10 from recovery CD and did "UPDATE MBR". Now, I cannot boot even with the 2nd HD installed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3. bg56

bg56 Registered Member

I have to assume the drive was too faulty to fix the MBR - interestingly, I had been getting warnings but the drive was booting fine. When I tried to fix the MBR so I could boot without my 2nd hard drive (multi boot Win 7), is when I was no longer able to boot at all.

In running Win 7 system repair, I get a message indicating "bad disk" - so, have called it a loss and trying fresh install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.