Question on Enterprise Edition and Remote Administrator

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by smartcard, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartcard

smartcard Registered Member

I need to know is it possible by Enterprise Edition and Remote Administrator to know which are the network PC's that are not installed or running NOD32 AV software? Meaning, if I have 200 computers in my network, some times there can be few users who might have removed the NOD32 and installed their favorite other AV software, so I need to know if Enterprise Edition and Remote Administrator can scan my entire network connected computers and show me who is running NOD32 and who is not?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    There is a function in the Install section, that will go compare the list of computers on the subnet...against the database of current installs.

The accuracy of this depends on several factors I'm sure, domain admin access to C$, F&P services allowed in the clients firewall exceptions, I've seen it detect PC's where it hasn't been installed yet...not sure on the accuracy of it picking up any PCs that have had the end user uninstall it....if the file(s) it sniffs for is indeed removed by the uninstall, or left behind as most programs leave a few remnants behind.

3. smartcard

when you say install section, is this function available even after installations completed?

I believe this is one of an important function that require to manage and maintain a secured network.

4. YeOldeStonecat

Yes you can reinstall (push install) over and over and over and over to the same PCs as many times as you want.

The "Push Install" section of the RAC...simply shows you the list of computers in your domain....basically what shows up in Microsofts Network Places. From there....you select the PCs that you want to install to...and "push" the install package. In this section...you always see which PCs are in network places, it's irrelevant to if they have NOD installed or not.

5. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

To follow up on YeOldStonecat's answer, there is an option in Remote admin to find computers on the network which are not protected by Nod32. This is exactly what you want.

6. smartcard

Cool, this is what I want.

Additionally, is there any special database requirement for the Remote Admin?

7. YeOldeStonecat

You mean like a database engine that it needs to run on, like MSDE or .Net Frame? No..it's all in the small install, it's a very light package.

8. smartcard

Yes, I need to know the database engine that need to run on... I have about 110 computers (is it small install?)

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

10. YeOldeStonecat

It's built into it...no actual database engine, just basic file format on XML I believe. The files you install for your main antivirus server...it's a very small program install. It's all self contained..you don't need to go get SQL or MSDE or .Net Frame or Pervasive or Progress32 or whatever...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.