Question on a few Drive Snapshot issues

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by jcox, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcox

jcox Registered Member

Hello,

I've been trying out Drive Snapshot and have run into a few issues (Win 7 x64):

1) After I restore an image (via boot into DOS from GUI), I'm always greeted by the "Windows did not shut down successfully" error screen.

2) After I restore an image (again via boot into DOS from GUI), CHKDSK is randomly run. It seems it is run after every 2nd image restore.

Are these quirks of Drive Snapshot or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

2. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

The first issue is normal when an image is restored using live imaging (most programs supress this message to avoid confusion). Windows writes information when it's working and removes that information when the computer is shutdown. When starting after restoring an image, Windows sees that information and believes that it hasn't been shutdown properly. You can ignore this safely.

As for the CHKDSK, I am not 100% sure. I've seen this if I restore to different partition sizes, et. Maybe someone else knows.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.