QUESTION FOR JAVASOFT!!!!

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by NEW USER, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEW USER

NEW USER Guest

Hey Java. If I am using a drive image program, such as, DRIVE IMAGE by powerquest, or even GHOST by Norton, and I create an image before I make changes to the GUIDS. If I do not uninstall the program before reverting to an older IMAGE, will the new image change the GUIDS back?

I am asking, are the GUIDS changed pretty much at the operating system level? Are they in the registry?

Thanks for you reply.

NEWBIE :doubt:

2. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Yes, all the GUIDs are in the registry. So restoring an old image will revert all of the GUIDs. And if you have ID-Blaster running at startup, those GUIDs will be randomized as soon as you boot after restoring the image.

3. NEW USER

NEW USER Guest

What if in the image that is being restored, IDBLASTER was not installed. Then when the image is restored, the IDBLASTER would be gone and the GUIDS would NOT be randomized, correct?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

That is correct - if the image was created before ID-Blaster randomized the GUIDs, they'll be back to their normal values when you restore to that image. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.