Question for IT Admins

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I am on a domain (Windows 7 PCs)

My user is a standard user but the admin has given me his credentials for when I want to install software / udpates, etc.

I am trying to convert my account to an admin account so it wont have any restrictions but everytime I do that, upon restart, my account is reverted back to a standard account, what gives? How can I permenantly change it to an admin account?

I tried doing some command in DOS also to change my username to admin but upon reboot it goes away.

I dont know about networking or administration or from where to change a user type permanently

Also, when I login with my credentials, it takes ages until I see the desktop :( But with the admin account it happens instantly . I dont know what's going on

Attached Files:

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Domain administration is complex and granular. In order to add a user to the admin group you have to log in with an admin account that has the necessary rights. Domain admin accounts are not all created equal. You have to go back and talk to the network admin and see if he's giving you the correct credentials.

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

yes he gave me his username / pass and he is an admin

but why is it rverting me to a normal user when I reboot?

When he changes me to admin, I act as an admin until the reboot, then im back to a standard user

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.