[Question] Firewall to go along with IS360

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jundun, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jundun

jundun Registered Member

Hi!
    Since it's my first post, hello everyone! Nice to meet ya!

I've been using Qihoo's antivirus(chinese version) for a loooong time along with Bitdefender Firewall, Windows Firewall or Comodo( using it now).
    Now, I've tried Comodo a few times. Gave it a try, but I just don't like it. The design is nice( yea I'm in love with nice looking UIs), but it's just limited.
    I've a new new notebook and Comodo's Firewall still does the same stupid things. When you install a new app, turn your notebook off and on again( Comodo Custom Rulest activated) you often encounter this strange bug, where the window stops reacting, because Comodo is trying to ask you via a popup if you want the application to run. I hate it! All I can do is lighting a cigarette and wait a minute.
    Maybe I'm overacting, but I've NEVER EVER found the window( in Comodo) where you can manually allow/block certain apps from running(communication with the Internet).

Anyways, I lost my patience. Paid or free firewalls- just give me a tip! ( Don't even come up with Windows Fierwall! )
    I like to be able to adjust my firewall, play around with it. The catch, please don't let it look like a software from 2005-.

I don't know what kind of firewalls there are around these days, since I haven't been following the news. It's been two years since I started using Qihoo's antivirus and it's just irritating how they never developed any kind of firewall.

Anyways, thanks in advance for your inputs!
    See ya 'round!

2. jundun

jundun Registered Member

Update: Oh, I'm on Windows 8 guys. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
  3. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

If you want to go to advanced firewall settings in CIS;

1-Switch to advanced view (You don't need to but makes access easier)
    2-Press firewall link.
    3-Advanced settings windows will pop-up.
    4-Go to application rules.
    5-Press the upwards facing arrow in the list.
    6-Press add and voila.

If you want to simply allow or block;

1-Press tasks link
    2-Firewall tasks
    3-Allow /block application

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.