question before purchasing

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by domenicfz, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domenicfz

domenicfz Registered Member

We are looking at this software package for a multi user environment. What I am wondering is when you need to disable AV for a short period of time can you set it to automaticly turn back on? I dont see it anywhere and was wondering if this has to be done with a policy. If it does are there instructions anywhere for this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's possible to disable/enable automatic real-time protection startup via an xml. A computer restart is needed for this change to take effect.

3. domenicfz

domenicfz Registered Member

lets say i go to a client site and have to disable the virus software for whatever reason and i forget to enable it when i am done, instead of me logging into the server to run a task that starts it is there a way i can have the server set to force it to start? other software packages allow you to disable the virus software for a period of time but i do not see that option.

4. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

When you temporarely disable the anti virus functions of a client it will report it to the RA server on it's next planned report cycle (default is 5 minutes unless you've changed it. )

The client will then show up on the RA Console with a red icon infront of it. Double clicking on the client and going to the "Protection Status" tab will show you the current status of the client, probably: Antivirus Protection Disabled.

In this screen you can click on a link that will state something like "Start all antivirus and antispyware protection modules". It then gives you a warning you can close with "Ok". The task will now show up on the Tasks tab in RA Console.

It now fires the task/event on the server and will instruct the client to enable all of it's modules when it connects to the RA server again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.