Question Alerts and Notifications display problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Conan, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conan

Conan Registered Member

Question Alerts and Notifications display problem
    I am using the ESS5 version 5.0.93.0 currently.

I have noticed recently that when the notifications window pops up in the lower right corner (to advise of AV definitions update), that sometimes it turns completely white in color.

I have went to the user interface/alerts & notifications/desktop notifications area to configure the popup. I have noticed that any number less than 25% on the desktop notification transparency will sometimes make the notification box turn completely white and unreadable.

I have also noticed that when I am doing two things at once, such as going online at the same time that ESET is doing its start up scan, that when the notification window pops up, it will be initially the normal look and within a second or two, it will fade out to white, until it disappears due to the time set on the desktop notifications configuration.

Any ideas on what is causing this? Other than that, no other problems with this new version, works fine on the computer.

Thank you.

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

When you see that notification, minimize the ESET main window and the notification will disappear. Have you noticed that?

3. Conan

Conan Registered Member

No I have not tried that, but I did notice that when I move the cursor over the notification window display, the intensity of the display changes from light to normal, and if I do this several times, it also makes the display totally white.

I have completely uninstalled SS5 and will do a clean install. I hope this solves that problem I am having with the notification display box.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes that's normal behavior so one can read the text more easily.
    But this should not happen :doubt:

5. KaitoNakamura

KaitoNakamura Registered Member

I have the same problem with XP and Vista PCs. All Popups change after 5 sec. to white.

6. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

What are notifications requiring user intervention? Could be desktop notifications too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.