Question: Acronis True Image 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fce, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

1. I'm using ATI10 with KIS7 installed and i want to add ATI in KIS trusted zone (application)....anybody try this with no problem?

2. I posted in other forum and asked regarding is it advisable to activate acronis startup recovery manager......one use advised me not to enable it...don't have enough time to browse this forum but appreciate if somebody can explain what will be the problem if i enable this start up recovery manager.

3. I just try Rollback Rx and they don't advise windows defrag with Rollback Rx installed, how's ATI10 if i run windows defrag....any issue/problem?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

1. No idea

2. Startup Recovery Manager (SRM) causes the MBR to be modified so hitting F11(?) will cause TI to start a recovery. Somebody may find this useful but I don't, I'd rather just boot the recovery CD if I get into this state. Also, if your HD is dead, TI won't run from it anyway. I think the idea is that if you have a software problem then you can reload from the archive. You also have to have a Secure Zone created at least in TI9 and earlier. I don't know if the Backup Locations introduced in TI10 will work for the SRM.

3. TI images are based on in-use sector mapping. If a defrag was done after you made a full image and then make an incremental or differential image it will see all of the moved sectors as changes resulting in a large incremental or differential. If you always make full images then there is no problem.

3. fce

fce Registered Member

When i test my bootable recovery DVD and choose the Full Version Acronis loaded same graphical interface when you are under windows but i received this message before this graphical interface loaded --> PCI: cannot allocate resource region 9 of bridge 00:01.0

what does it mean?

thanks

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  4. fce

fce Registered Member

bump....

5. nexstar

nexstar Registered Member

I think that it is Linux issue with your resources...probably ACPI. Is there a 'Safe-mode' option? I know there is on my Disk Director cd. If there is, and it works ok then I would just use that as I don't think you'll overcome the error without being able to modify the config on the cd.

Graham

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I run them both on a few computers without a hitch. I ran KIS7 in training mode and started up ATI so that rules would be made to allow its various executable files and modules to run.

7. fce

fce Registered Member

There's is Safe Mode and Full Version option. I got that problem when choosing Full version option....do i still need to change any configuration to eliminate that PCI message?

thanks

8. fce

fce Registered Member

After 2days of trying ATI there's no problem yet running with KIS7. Anyway i added in trusted zone of KIS "not to scan open files" this 4 application of ATI (Trueimage.exe, Trueimagemonitor.exe, TimounterMonitor.exe, spawn.exe)

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fce,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (full version) runs in Linux environment rather than Windows. Please see this KB article for more details.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please also try adding "pci=bios" to the string of parameters as well.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. fce

fce Registered Member

thanks marat,

the error message is gone (PCI: cannot allocate resource region 9 of bridge 00:01.0) but is it normal that there's a lot of message during loading of Acronis bootalbe disc?

i installed a software which i don't like so i run ATI Restore just to build my confidence how ATI works compare with other software. My first restore never works so i try again with MBR and drive C selected (previous restore i never selected MBR maybe thats the reason why it never restart and ask me to insert Vista installation software)....do i really need to select MBR or just drive C when doing system restore?

thanks

11. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello fce,

Sounds as if you could be suffering from the Vista "sector offset" problem described in this previous thread tiled Vista: Are there issues with the disk ID?.

As stated in that thread, you probably need to carry out a "Repair" via your Vista installation CD and create a new full image. After that you should be able to restore that and future images without the need for a Vista Repair.

Regards

Menorcaman

12. fce

fce Registered Member

i have 2 partition (one is for my OS and the other is for my Data), when i restore only Drive C (OS) partition i cannot tick both Drive C and MBR, so i proceed with only Drive C ticked. After restore i end up requiring me to insert Vista CD option or repair option (something like that)....maybe i just missed out some restore procedure?

what i did i restore my FULL backup with MBR ticked ...and no problem, my system works fine.

so restore works fine with me if i choose with MBR....if i didn't check MBR option (only Drive C) my system never boot correctly.

btw, i dont have Vista installation CD, i only have recovery disc...is it ok also to carry the repair using Revocery disc?

Thanks.

13. fce

fce Registered Member

i read your link Menorcaman. Thanks
    since i don't have Vista installation CD how can i run "repair"?

14. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello again fce,

I don't use TI 10.0 or Vista therefore can't answer that one I'm afraid. Hopefully someone else will be able to advise one way or the other.

Regards

Menorcaman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.