Question about worms.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by notageek, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Ok hre's the deal. My wifes' work computer has to have a worm. Her computer is sending emails to people that's she's not sending. That sounds like a worm to me. Now the funny thing is that only 2 or 3 other people at her work is having the same problem. She told me the part time IT guy scanned her computer for viruses and worms (I don't know what he used to scan it with). I sent here to a few online scans (BD and panda just to name 2) and she came up clean. It has me stumped on what to tell her to do. She can't reformat her hd because it would be lost of time and money. Could it be a Network worm? Could they of split the network at he work in 1/2s? becuase there only like her and 2 or 3 other people having this problem. I told her I would come here and ask people here for help.

2. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Are you absolutely CERTAIN that she's actually sending the e-mails, or are the recipients receiving e-mails that contain her e-mail address?

If it's the latter, it's almost for sure a spoofed addy.

Any more info?

3. meneer

meneer Registered Member

I would check this link. It most certainly is a worm on an other pc that's spoofing the sender address. Most corporate mailscanner inform the 'supposed' sender about the infected mail they are supposedly sending. NOT.
    Just ignore these messages.

4. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Thanks meneer. Now I noticed something today when she emailed me at home. The letters of the email was the biggest that Oulook can make. I think it's like 72. But I'll well tell her to tell people to ignore them emails being they might be spoofed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.