Question about virus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MysticG, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticG

MysticG Registered Member

Ok so this isn't surprising since some of my friends are computer impaired when it comes to internet security and I wasn't around.

I look at some applications called QQ Games and AIM Tunes installed on my computer, QQ Games was on my taskbar so I tried to end the task, it wouldn't so I uninstalled it. I don't like applications I don't know about and I dunno if it was directly linked (prolly was) so I scanned with Spybot S&D for a quick sweep, the scan came clean but sure enough when I check my quarantine on Eset there was something there. Here's the log.

12/12/2008 4:17:12 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe Win32/PrcView application cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred during an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe.

My questions are can anyone tell me what that is or potentially is? How dangerous is it? Should I be worried?

p.s. I am doing a on-demand scan, always do after a virus/maleware is caught.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Process.exe is a legit tool that can be exploited by malware to kill running processes. It's not detected as malware, but as a potentially unsafe application.

3. MysticG

MysticG Registered Member

Oh, ok. Thanks for the heads up, I was a bit worried since it had to do with System32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.