Question about USB thumb drives

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by test123, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. test123

test123 Guest

Hello,

I am considering the purchase of a USB thumb drive to transfer data and run a few apps off the drive ect.

What I don't know is do I need to install a driver on computers with certain operating systems like 98se or ME (it says drivers are available for 98/ME on the manufactures website)? I don't think a driver is required with 2k/xp.

I want to be able to connect the USB drive to others computers (no matter what OS they may have installed) without then having to install a driver on their computer.

So I'm wondering if I can connect to any computer (with any OS- 98, 98se, me, 2k, xp) without having to install a driver on that computer first. If so, any way around this problem?

Or does any one know of, or use a USB thumb drive on many different computers, with different operating systems, without having to install a driver first? Thanks for any replies.

2. BornMember

BornMember Registered Member

That's right, no driver is required for these and also ME. I am not sure about 95/98 though (never tried). USB pen drives are great everyone should have one.

Yes, a CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.