Question about updating older version of MWAV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by C.Browne, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.Browne

C.Browne Guest

Hi,

I have an older version of MicroWorld AV toolkit utility and noticed if I go to Windows > Temp I noticed there is a KAV updater in there that can be run to get the latest updates for KAV. I know this is a part of MWAV because I have never installed KAV. It does update too. Just right click on it and it will update the KAV definitions. It seems somewhat slow though.

So if I run this updater will it update my older version of MWAV, so I can use it again? I would like to be able to scan for viruses with MWAV, and delete everything it finds like it used to. Because the newer ones won't delete anything.

If I save the now populated folder "KAV Updater Update Files", with the latest KAV updates, how can I put these updates in the older MWAV toolkit ultility so I can run it? Because everytime you open MWAV doesn't it install the KAV updates it contains, and overwrite any others? Even if they are newer.

Thanks for any help given.

2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

3. C.Browne

C.Browne Guest

Thanks very much Likuidkewl. Very informative thread! I just hope I can do as it says and update and run it properly now.

4. C.Browne

C.Browne Guest

I still can't figure it out. I can get the updated KAV defs in the bases folder. But where do I put them exactly? I keep getting the notice that MWAV is older than 30 days old (after I open it), and to download the latest toolkit.

One thing I tried was to copy the latest KAV defs from the Bases folder, to the Windows temp folder, where MWAV is normally unzipped, and they were copied there successfully, but it still won't work.

Any help on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The best thing would be to extract mwav.exe into the Bases folder. In this case, whenever you run kavupd.exe it will automatically update itself.

Then you can make shortcuts onto your desktop/start menu for easy access. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.