Question about Unlocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgoodman4, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

A short time ago I requested a suggestion about what program I could use to eject a USB drive when I was getting messages that it was in use even when I knew for sure it should not be. The suggestion came back for Unlocker and it has worked nicely for me. I just took a look at the Read Me file and found the following

Now this I believe is referring to open files or files that you want to delete but cannot. Still I thought it wise to ask if using this program to free a USB drive can in some way damage either the drive or the data on it.

I am posting an image of what I see in Unlocker to give you an idea of what I am talking about. Can I use Unlocker or would I be better off shutting the PC down and then unplug (which would be a nuisance as I can need to do this multiple times during the course of the day.

And while we are at it is there a program that will be more effective at closing frozen programs than ctl+alt+dlt, I occasionally have this problem as well.

EDIT: by the way, its been about 1/2 hour since I began trying to eject the drive and there is no change in the info that I see (and show in the attached) image of Unlocker. Also puzzling for me is the double entries in Unlocker, is this normal? Also, if its OK to use Unlocker in this way should I be selecting Unlock opr Kill process?

Hummmm, just checked again and all but one of the double entries has disappeared. All the entries are still there but not twice.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I'm rather wreckless myself with UNLOCKER when it comes to another file holding on to a file i know should already been closed, especially during deleting, so even if it's a list i select ALL and knock 'em off.

In my case though, and most often, it's either explorer.exe or CyberHawk when i use it, if it's a delete i repeat UNLOCKER and choose DELETE and unlocker makes it vanish.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.