Question About this Toshiba Virtual Sound icon

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sooflymami, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

When I put a mouse on this gray icon, it says "Toshiba Virtual sound: On" and this icon wasn't there before until today. I'm not sure why this is appearing on the tray. What is this exactly? and the original sound icon is not there, it seems like the original sound icon changed into this toshiba's virtual sound icon thing. What can I do to fix it? I don't even know if I got this by clicking somewhere on my computer by accident. Also I went to the volume control and when I adjust the volume, it usually makes a sound but it's not making a sound at all. It is quiet. Am I supposed to turn "off" for the Toshiba Virtual sound icon or what should I do?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

When I click the control panel for the Realtek audio manager on my my laptop a new icon appears in the taskbar. It always disappears next reboot, or close it. You might have just browsed the settings or something and it was triggered. Anyway doing a bit of googling (I presume you have a laptop) this is just a system to improve the output. I would imagine the virtual sound is started automatically - sound will probably suck a bit if disabled. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

She didn't go to settings for sound or anything and this just happened when she turned her computer on. The ding sound also is not working for the volume control for when she tries to change the volume it does not make that sound it usually makes but the volume does work for increasing/decreasing but not the ding sound. She also wants to know if she should turn off the Toshiba Virtual Sound?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

When I click on the sound icon on the tray, it's still not making any sound when I adjust the bar for the volume control. Is there any way I can fix this problem? Am I supposed to turn "off" the toshiba virtual sound in order to get the sound back in my regular sound volume control? It used to make a sound before but now it's not and Toshiba virtual sound icon was never there on the tray and it appeared automatically when I turned my laptop on..I don't know how it got it there. Can someone please help me? I'm very worried.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

bump the ding sound still isn't appearing.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

sooflymami, go to Start > Control Panel > Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices > Change the Sound Scheme. The Sounds and Audio Devices Properties box appears, at the Sounds tab; if not, click on that tab.

In the Program events box, under Windows, look for Default Beep and highlight it. In the Sounds box, you should see Windows XP Ding.wav. If you see none, try to find the Ding.wav and select it. Listen to the sound by clicking the right arrow button to the left of the Browse button. Click Apply, then OK. Test the volume control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.