Question about "Tea-Party Cyber Attacks"

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by spy1, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

http://www.infowars.com/democrats-behind-tea-party-cyber-attacks/

Ignore the "political" side of that for a moment if you will. What I'm curious about is - does anyone know of any independent verification for the actuality and/or the details of the purported "attacks"?

Anyone know if any of the major A/V or A/T vendors are aware of the situation? Checking into it to see what was done and how it was accomplished? Working on counter-measures?

Just curious. Pete

2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

a contemporaneus news report

Cyber Attack Strikes FreedomWorks

A mysterious cyber attack apparently struck the computer servers at the pro-tea party group FreedomWorks this morning, just as it launched a major fund-raising drive.

FreedomWorks officials are investigating, but they suspect they were attacked deliberately, perhaps by a political opponent seeking the thwart its fund-raising efforts.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/10/21/cyber-attack-strikes-freedomworks/tab/print/

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

AV and AT vendors don't even care, so no, I doubt they are paying much attention to this. I have very serious doubts this was a deliberate attack by the actual Democratic party, and even more doubts about it being from the Obama administration (whether they WOULD do something like that or not is another topic). This is an extremely heated election year, some of the "old dogs" who got used to winning re-elections without even bothering to try, suddenly are finding themselves in trouble. But, for the most part, the Democratic party has stuck to labeling anything opposed to them as "extremist" or "radical".

My opinion is that this attack was just your normal screwball hacker that had a political agenda.

4. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

Unlike Stuxnet, for example, which was almost certainly the work of highly trained professionals (and international in scope), this is probably going to involve nothing more than the 'usual suspects', unpatched publicly known vulnerabilities in the server, and/or run-of-the-mill social engineering tricks, etc.

(I'm Dogbiscuit, and I approved this message.)

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi spy1 good to see you're still on the case ;)

From your link

And not the first time

Also attacked

And Cryptome recently too !

Some "may" be scriddies with a different view point, but i have a Strong feeling not all are. I expect we'll see more of these from now on :(

If you don't believe "Their" lies & crookedness etc they then treat you as part of the problem, when in Reality its "THEM" !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.