question about tds-3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by clive_20, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clive_20

clive_20 Registered Member

i want to ask that is there any subscription period
    in tds like others

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

As of yet - no, there isn't.

Will there be? I can't answer that.

Should there be? (Aye, there's the question!).

Seems to me that you can only carry on "x" amount of development - not to mention keeping up with everything you're already doing keeping up with definitions - with limited staff (staff has to be paid and there are only so many hours in a day).

I guess that if they were selling millions of copies of their software, they could keep "giving away" program upgrades (development time) and updates (research and programmer time) - you know, quantity of sales allowing and sustaining all those background costs.

But I, for one, would be more than happy to pay for, at least, my share of the bandwidth involved for the daily updates, wouldn't you?

One of the main things I like about NOD32 (not to get off-track, but in an illustrative way) is that I can set the program to check for updates every single hour - and get them automatically if they're available.

To me, that's an absolutely vital requirement, given the fast-moving nature of current malware - and I wish that DCS would implement the same feature into TDS (and indeed into all their programs.

I'd also be more than willing to pay for that feature. Not a freaking fortune every year, but something that would pay for the feature plus some profit for the software manufacturer so that they could continue to expand, develop and stay on the bleeding-edge of detection/prevention.

Pete

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Clive!
    the only times known are the evaluation for 30 days and once registered TDS-3 a free upgrade to one of the TDS-4 products (in the build) sp we speak of lifelong use in fact. And not to forget the extra interesting offers in the members area when buying a second or a third product etc, with updates etc.

4. clive_20

clive_20 Registered Member

but if i want to reformat my computer i can reinstall tds or i have to pay for another license

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

You did receive a keyfile after buying TDS. Make sure to save this on a floppy or so before formatting. You can use this keyfile when installing TDS after formatting. Thus: no need to pay for another license.

regards.

paul

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If you have more operation systems on the one same computer in other partitions or drives, one license will do, if you have more computers stand alone or in a network each pc needs a license on it's own.
    So be very carefull to have one backup copy of your keyfiles and registration instructions, best outside the computer. But if ever anything would happen and all lost, email support@diamondcs.com.au with your details and all will be solved with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.