Question about supported files

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ambient_88, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Hello,

I'm just wondering... what file/archive formats does ESET Smart Security 3.0 support? I'm currently running the trial version, and after performing a full system scan I noticed in the log that there were several archives it wasn't able to scan; it says that they were damage or that the "next archive volume cannot be found." KIS 2009 had no trouble scanning them, so the files can definitely be unpacked.

Thanks!

2. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

I am not familiar with KIS 2009 but are you sure this program actually scanned the files. Some scanners will simply skip the file and not log a reason, whereas ESS will show files it cannot open or scan.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In order for us to tell why the files were not scanned, we'd need to get and analyse them. If they are not too large, please send them to support[at]eset.com with this thread's url enclosed.

4. ambient_88

I am positive KIS scans the archives. That's one of the reason why I put those files in the exclusion list--KIS scans them so thoroughly that it eats up a lot of the CPU cycles.

Well, the files are compressed ISO images in RAR format. Maybe that has something to do with ESS not being able to scan them? I doubt it, though.

5. ambient_88

After observing a bit more, I think I now know why it won't scan the files. Those archives are split into several parts--they will have to be unzipped in order (from part.01 to part.xx) for the unpacking to be successful; otherwise, it will fail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.