Question about Software (Acronis & Raxco)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by dja2k, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am going to trial both of these before I buy. I just wanted to clear one thing. I noticed some people use both of this without problems. If I want to image the C: Windows drive with Acronis True Image, do I have to disable\uninstall Raxco First Defense ISR first, do the image with Acronis True Image, then enable\install Raxco First Defense ISR again?

dja2k

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Definitely no need to uninstall. Most of us do disable the preboot, but Erik's tests proved even that really wasn't necessary. They should work together just fine.

Pete

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Just like Peter said, dja2k, there is absolutely no need to uninstall.

Acadia

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I would think you can't really use Acronis True Image as a secondary backup solution for the main C: drive becasue First Defense ISR changed the MBR stuff right?

Hey do you guys run all the startup entries for Acronis True Image? I noticed it has like 3 in the startup entries plus the service entry. - Are they really necessary even though I am just using Acronis True Image for manual backups. Which one of those do have to be running for Acronis True Image to work?

dja2k

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It works fine. Search for all of Erik Alberts tests. He put Acronis and FDISR thru the wringer and all worked fine.

I don't mess with the Acronis Start up stuff. Just let it run. Don't tempt fate.

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks for the posts. As for messing with the startup, well I did mess with the stuff from Acronis True Image and turned off everything in the startup and just let the service in automatic. I had to mess with it, it was 3 startup items I didn't need running wasting some resources. Everything works fine still without those startup items. I guess they were just to control the scheduling stuff of Acronis True Image which I didn't need.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.