Question about Snap Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dja2k, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am just playing a little more with Acronis True Image and was trying out the Acronis Snap Restore. I have Acronis Secure Zone Enabled and all, but when I try to Restore with Snap Restore feature, I get an error saying no boot volume. What can be causing this and am I suppose to change something else?

dja2k

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Okay maybe no one else has every used this feature successfully to talk about it. I understand! :D Anyway, maybe this feature only works when you have only 1 Primary Partition and of course Active. Then the Acronis Secure Zone takes space from that 1 and only Active Primary Partition.

This is the right forum right? :rolleyes: I wonder where the Acronis Tech Support guy is.

dja2k

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I assume you are meeting these conditions:
    3.6.1 Limitations in using Acronis Snap Restore
    1. Acronis Snap Restore is currently available for images located in the Acronis Secure Zone
    only.
    2. Acronis Snap Restore does not support images of Windows Vista. If any Vista edition is
    detected in an image, the Snap Restore option will not appear.
    3. Naturally, Acronis Snap Restore cannot be used if the image contains no operating system
    (a logical partition or disk image) or when restoring file archives.

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Yeah I met all those requirements and tried everything to get it to work, but nothing. Oh well, I was just playing around cause I got bored. No big deal, it didn't work with my setup.

dja2k

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

dja2k, could you please post here the details of the issue:

- What is the version and build of Acronis True Image you use?
    - What is the version and language of the OS in the image?
    - How do you launch the restore process: from within Windows or from Acronis Bootable Media/Startup Recovery Manager?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Was using True Image 10 build 4942 and the Image contains English Windows XP MCE SP2. I lunched it both ways and both would say the same thing after proceeding, "No Boot Volume Found". Maybe it doesn't work on Raid0 Volumes or something. Anyways, normal restores do work flawless. I just wanted to see what the deal was with this Snap Restore thing.

dja2k

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

dja2k, could you please clarify if your system has more than one hard drive and where you have created Acronis Secure Zone?

Could you please also download the trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home, install it and check if the issue is still exist?

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.