Question about Seatools

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Jomsviking, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomsviking

Jomsviking Registered Member

Hello Wilders members.

I thought of downloading the Seatools utility to perform basic diagnostics on my hard drive. Seatools' main page:

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools/

There is a windows version and a DOS version; the download of the windows version prompts for a license agreement and then, upon acceptance, downloads straightforwardly. But it requires .NET 2 to work, and I will try as far as I can to avoid having it installed.
    I'm happy with a DOS version, but it requires registration...?!?!?! Does it happen on your end as well (Europe here) ?

Anyone knows where I can obtain this tool other than in Seagates's website? (I am not speaking of ilegal downloads). Majorgeeks and Softpedia seem to have only the windows version. Maybe a recovery CD like UBCD ?

Thanks for any ideas.
    Wishing all a good day,

Jomsviking

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I always use this fake email-address, if it doesn't matter : "phone@home.et"

I always get my ideas from movies : frozen snapshot, self-repairing system partition, ... I'm too stupid to get these ideas myself, that's why I watch American movies.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  4. Jomsviking

Jomsviking Registered Member

A simple solution after all. Thanks shall you have, WSFuser.

ErikAlbert, thanks for the tip, although I would say you should take a break from american movies and watch russian movies instead; at least there russians don´t speak english to each other, and with bad russian accent to boot. And in russian movies when you punch a wall it doesn't make a hole in the wall and it leaves the hand hurting as a bonus....:cool:
    Strange, isn't it?

Jomsviking hands over to WSFuser and ErikAlbert a virtual (not on my end...:D )
    1L mug of beer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.