Question about Reusing Software License

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by duke1959, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hey everyone I know I said I won't be in here for awhile, but my Hard Drive is failing and I can't reboot the whole way which brings me to my question. If I can't uninstall any of my Security Programs, AV, ect, that I have a License for from the old HD, will I still be able to reinstall them on the new Hard Drive and reuse the License Key? The old HD isn't fried so I am told I can probably transfer stuff from it to the new one, but just in case I can't I would think since it's the same PC the License would work, right? I know this is the place to ask and I appreciate the help. My book is almost done, and thankfully was backed up on Thumb Drives and CD's. LOL. Maybe the last two years of installing and uninstalling Security Programs took it's toll on my 4 year old Sony Vaio DeskTop. LOL. Anyway I'll check back in later today. I will add that I miss posting here at Wilders too.

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yes, it will work.

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Glad to hear from you stranger!!! To answer your question, an eMail to support should clear up any problems with the transfer, if you have any. (I know that A2 is at least good that way.)
    P.S.-Let us know when the book is out! :thumb: :thumb:

4. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Just a quick thank you to both of you, and glad to hear from you 19monty64. Everything up and running on my new Hard Drive. Take care.

5. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Dukeo_O Is that youo_O Are you using an aliaso_O Are you in some kind of troubleo_O

6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Hello,
    I would think that your license should be transferable to a new system. Most EULA rules usually allow you to transfer the use of the program to another system as long as it is not being used in the previous one. But check with the vendor just to be sure.

P.S. I guess you forgot your old signon and used another user nameo_O?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.