Question about Recovering an Image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JackMatos99, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackMatos99

JackMatos99 Registered Member

We recently purchased ATI Echo for Workstation and Universal Restore (latest build) and I have a question regarding the image recovery process. Essentially we are using the product to create multiple images of our desktop. The difference between the images is simply different apps (each dept. uses different ones). We have ATI Echo for Workstation and Universal Restore loaded on the workstation that the images are on, but we'd like for the Acronis software to not be on the newly imaged workstations. My question is as follows, is there a way to do this within the product itself, or do we have to uninstall the ATI software manually from each workstation we image? Thanks for your help in advance.

Jack

2. JackMatos99

Can we boot the source workstation with a BartPE cd that has the ATI plugin and create the image to a network share and then recover that image on the destination workstation? This way ATI wouldn't have to be loaded on either?

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, as long as the bootable CD can "see" the network share. Make the CD, boot with it and give it a try.

4. JackMatos99

DwnNdrty,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I created the Bart PE cd and it does see the network however now ATI is telling me that the network share I mapped to with Bart's Net Config utility is a "disconnected network share". Am I missing something?

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Sorry, I'm not familiar with networks and such ... someone else will pop in and perhaps offer a suggestion.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JackMatos99,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Have you tried to use Acronis bootable disc created within the program? You can create Acronis bootable disc using Tools -> Media Builder option. Check it functionality first.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.