Question about On-Line scan through RA

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Romasan, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romasan

Romasan Guest

Why when I set a task from Remote Administrator Console to scan only *.exe extensions Nod32 scans all default standart extensions though I set in template scan - template - scanner - extensions : only exe files

when I set up this setings directly to local machine all worked ok !

2. Romasan

Romasan Guest

Nobody knows ?

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Sorry, I am having trouble understanding where in the Remote Administrator you are setting this option.

4. Romasan

Romasan Guest

In Remote Administrator Console - I select an computer from list - right click and select - New Task - On Demand Scan: then I select a New template ...where I set to scan only *.exe estensions (deleted all estensions from default list an leavs only EXE estension) but when I look in nod32 scans logs - nod32 scans all default estensions
    and I don't understand why ?

5. alglove

Ahhhh... I think what happens is that settings must be changed *before* you submit the task. Try this...
    1. In Remote Administrator Console - select a computer from list - right click and select - New Task - On Demand Scan
    2. Make note of the "Configuration filename". It probably says something like "C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\Temp\RAC841.tmp" or "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\RAC841.tmp".
    3. Now from Windows, go to Start --> Programs --> NOD32 Remote Administrator --> NOD32 Configuration Editor.
    4. Using the NOD32 Configuration Editor, go to File --> Open and edit the file from Step 2. Be sure to tell it to search all files *.*, not just *.xml.
    5. Make the changes and save the file.
    6. Now go back to the NOD32 Remote Administrator Console and hit "Finish" to submit the task. Notice that the .tmp file disappears once you submit the task.
    The important part is that the .tmp file with the configuration gets changes before you finish submitting the task. If you have a certain configuration that you will always use, you can probably just copy this file to "RAC841.tmp" and it will still work.

By the way, I am using version 1.0.7 of the console. There may be an easier way to do it with newer versions. o_O

6. Romasan

Romasan Registered Member

Not worked for me !!!!
    This is my On Demand Scan Configuration file ....
    I need to know is a bug in NOD32 :)) or ... I make something wrong .....

Attached Files:

7. Romasan

Romasan Registered Member

Still no answer .....

8. alglove

Try setting the "NOD32 On-Demand Scanner" --> "Set as current profile in the NOD32 module" to "V".

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.