Question about Kaspersky v5 licence key

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AnthonyG, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi,

Can i ask just for 100% conformational certanty does the kaspersky personal 5 licence key work on kaspersky 5 personal pro as well.

As i looked at their site and they are selling the personal licence key for £23 but they are selling the personal pro 5 for £37.

This to me seems that it doesnt work. But i am sure i have read here at wilders people saying that it does.

So can someone please confirm for me.

Thanks

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'm not sure of the real situation, but I also recall what you are thinking about - there was some comment/speculation that you would be able to use a Personal license key with a Personal Pro installation. Features unique to Personal Pro would not be available, but you would have the configurability of the Pro version, which a number of longtime KAV users desired. I don't recall anyone actually trying this to confirm it works. The reverse (Personal Pro key with a Personal installation) is supposed to work as far as I know.

The KAV UseICE forums is likely the best place to get accurate information.

Blue

3. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

My 5.0 Personal license key would not work with 5.0 Pro when it was released. It does work with 4.5 Personal. Haven't tried it with 4.5 Pro.

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, this was the scenario that was discussed. Guess they couldn't figure out how to do it, or just decided not to. While it wasn't exactly random speculation, no guarantees were given either. Oh well. Thanks Big D1!

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.