Question about how my IE ver.6.0.2800 is running?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by donna68ca, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donna68ca

donna68ca Registered Member

I am running IE version 6.0.2800 xpsp2. I have all the windows updates and the norton antivrus and firewall updates. I have noticed that now when anything goes in the temporary folder where the cookies would have went, eg. gif's, and when I do have to put session cookies on, there is now a folder that says CONTENT.IE5, then within this folder there is 4 folders that have numbers and letters, and the index.dat. I always delete these 4 folders but they keep reappearing, is this normal? It did not run like this before, all cookies use to just in the temporary folder not in a CONTENT.IE5 in the temporary folder.

Thanks
    Donna

2. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello donna68ca

Those four files are automatically created to store IE information and if you delete them they reappear again but should be empty upon reappearance. If you get MRU-Blaster from Javacool from here you can clear the index.dat file also. If you do not clear the index.dat but do delete the four files mentioned then someone can still look in that index.dat file to see which sites your computer has visited.

Be seeing you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.