Question about EZ Antivirus & VET update

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RaLX, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaLX

RaLX Registered Member

These programs are using incremental update or still download the big file (between 500k and 1 meg) like before?, and still need to download the whole program to upgrade to newer revisions? (ie: 6.1.1 to 6.1.4)

Thx.

I'm using PC-Cillin and considering maybe a change to one of these programs (I know that they're almost the same).

2. RAV

RAV Guest

The default is for the virus definitions to be checked for updates automatically every 24 hours, but I have mine set at every 12 hours. The updates seem to about 5 times a week and they download very quickly on my cable connection. I am already running 6.1.4 so I am not sure about version upgrades. I am very happy with Etrust EZ and would highly recommend the product based on my experience so far.

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

the new version does not use incremental updates (thank goodness!) the definition file is something like 844 kb. etrust recommends installing the new versions over the old ones, but i always do a clean install.

4. meneer

meneer Registered Member

So, the downloads may be large (at least whan on dial-up), but the memory footprint is incredible. Few bytes only. There must be something wrong with taskinfo, but these vet engines seem to take less then 500Kbyte in a running config... I must be overlooking something :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.