Question about eset's program update licensing policy.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Smorg, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smorg

Smorg Registered Member

I've been using nod 2.5 trial version and enjoy it very much. I'm considering purchasing a license. (I'm a long time & happy avast pro user.)

I hear nod 3.0 is coming in the not too distant future. According to eset's faqs, program updates are free for current subscribers, but there isn't much mention as to major program overhauls such as v2 to v3.

Does anyone here know with some degree of certainty that if i buy a liscense now, will i be able to update to v3 without having to pay twice? Because that would be very sucky if I did... If not, i'll probably give em a call to try and find out.

BTW, the preliminary info here on v3 looks very nice! I like how the gui has been made semi-noob-proof and more intuitive. I'm sure they will do a nice job on their integrated firewall as well. (i hope)

Edit:I see a few other threads related to this question. People seem to be uncertain though... I appologize if this has been asked repeatedly.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

When you purchase NOD32 , your license will include upgrade to new version .
    Officially , it is still not known if current 2.51 users will upgrade for free to v3 but unofficially you should upgrade to v3 for free , so buy your NOD32 now and don't worry .

Well , about the ESET suit , I think no free upgrade will be provided

:D

3. Smorg

Smorg Registered Member

Great thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.