Question about Disk Clone procedure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fausto, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fausto

Fausto Registered Member

Hello,
    I am a pretty new user of ATI 7 but I can say that I am extremely happy with it. It saves me a lot of "OS cleaning" headaches with its "Image restore" capabilities/features (specially after my daughter has installed all her Disney's games on my system). :cool:
    Anyway, a couple of doubts which I was not able to clear reading all the posts about the cloning procedure.
    My OS is Windows Me. I want to upgrade my Primary HD with a bigger/faster one. I want to take advantage of the clone procedure:
    1) After I add the new HD as slave, do I have to make the cloning by starting up the ATI from the rescue disk or after the normal WMe system boot?
    2) How to make it bootable before switching it as primary and basically moving it as C:\ (and switching the old one to slave)?
    3)Does it happen automatically, during the clone of the old one (which was C), that the new HD is made bootable? Didn't see anything in the manual about this (Cloning section)
    Please, let me know.
    Thanx in advance for your help and patience with my "Italian English".
    Ciao,
    Fausto.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Fausto

Welcomed to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

It is best to do the clone from the BootDisk.

After you have done the cloning you will have to reset your jumpers when moving HDD around, ie Master and slave. [unless the jumpers are set at cable select]

The New HDD will be Bootable.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Fausto

Fausto Registered Member

Hi,
    thanx for the quick reply and help.
    Ciao,
    Fausto. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.