Question about demo version

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by JRosenfeld, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

I downloaded the free demo version from
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/index.php?page=download

On the web page it says

"If you find the demo useful or wish to use Port Explorer beyond 30 days, please register - it's fast, easy, and very affordable.
    Every feature in the full version is in the demo version. So you can try everything the full version of Port Explorer has before deciding whether you want to buy it."

I read this to mean that it isd fully functional and useable for 30 days.

But on reading the license on install, it says

"some features are disabled and you can only use it for 15 days or 30 executions."

Which is correct? If the license is correct, which features are disabled and why is the web page misleading?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there and welcome,
    if i remember well the trial had restrictions in the refreshing time setting, i don't even remember as i had the full version as quick as possible. Originally there were some restrictions in the socket spy but i think this was changed to fully functional as well.
    Further originally it was 15 days or 30 starts, not sure if it was changed recently as said in the helpfile.
    At least try everything you see, buttons, languages, whatever.
    The licensed users can also download sloader, which will display all processes even started before windows started and showing up in Port Explorer and being able to manipulate them etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.