Question about comodo firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mike6080919395, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike6080919395

Mike6080919395 Registered Member

I am a nod32 user and a comodo user.

Now my question is which is the best setting for secure online banking and general web browsing/online gaming without alot of popups?

Should I use firewall mode, internet security mode, or proactive security mode in comodo?
    Is there a better setting to use with comodo firewall?

How secure is the windows 7 home premium 64-bit firewall if I set all outbound connections without rules to be blocked and nod32 vs lets say nod32 and comodo or comodo and avira?
    Windows firewall is so light on resources and my persobnal favorite, but I am not sure just how secure it is especially for online banking and transactions.

thanks

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  2. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Do you have D+ enabled? Here's a set up of Comodo Firewall from raymond.cc. The settings in the tutorials are for version 3; nontheless, version 5 is not that different. Hope the tutorial helps you.

http://www.raymond.cc/forum/tutorials/11420-comodo-firewall-tutorial.html

I would also advise to run your browser as limited with respect to online banking protection. But my friend the best protection for online banking is a Linux Boot CD. Ubuntu or LinuxMint will do it for you.

Thanks.

3. Mike6080919395

Mike6080919395 Registered Member

A great tutorial, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.