Question about CIS: 4v " vs " 5v

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by blacknight, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I'm a very happy CIS user. I don't use the sandbox, it's disabled because I prefer to set and to check my system by myself ( Comodo Forum according: http://forums.comodo.com/install-se...ation-the-hasslefree-way-cis-5x-t61645.0.html ). My working version is 4: minding that I don't use the sandbox should I upgrade it ? I tried it with 7 - normally I use XP - and Defense+ in 5v is less manually configurable than in 4; I posted it in their forum...So I wonder: there are in 5v security improvement in Defense+ such it would be better an upgrade from 4 ?

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

V5 has cloud scanning for the AV which improves the detection rate and you can just disable the sandbox if you like as you have done with V4. The GUI is a bit better and the sandbox DOES have some new features in how unknown programs are run other then partial access. So watch a video on youtube if you like and see what you think about it.

3. blacknight

Thanks. My question was also because I tried to upgrade CIS 5 from already installed 4v and 5 didn't work good. I tried a clean uninstall of 4v ( also using the Comodo Forum advises ), and I could'nt uninstall it.

, may you to tell me something about my thread's question ? ( Defense+....)

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Try Revo unintaller for getting 4.0 uninstalled. That always cleans up everything left behind. Plus it makes a restore point before uninstalling any program in case anything happens so you can go back. When it asks you to reboot after the program uninstalls hit no and finish clearing out the registry and left over files folders. Then you can reboot.

5. blacknight

Thanks, is what I did to uninstall 4v, but it failed.

6. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

You don't need to turn off the sandbox to disable auto-"sandboxing" (which is really more like "RunSafer" than sandboxing). Just uncheck "Treat unrecognized files as" in the Execution Control Settings tab and you can still manually sandbox (the real sandbox) suspicious files. Note that your security setting chosen in the "Treat unrecognized files as" dropdown will detirmine the security context for programs manually sandboxed, even when it is unchecked.

Why do you claim that Comodo 5 is less manually configurable?

7. blacknight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.