Queation on interface of TDS3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by rrainbow, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrainbow

rrainbow Registered Member

I just downloaded TDS3 and I saw the post that TDS4 was being made back 2002 and I was wondering if anyone saw the lastest - TDS4?
    On the black screen of TDS3 after I did a scan I read this: NOTICE: A change has been detected in the autostart registry. Then I clicked on something and a box came up and it showed the autostart registry and I recogised some of them, but it doesn't show any trojans in there. I was wondering what do I do in response to what it says? When it says that a change has been detected - does that mean that a trojan is in there??
    Another thing - with this trial version I think it only scans my C: Drive and not the Registry - can the Trial version be configured to scan the registry or the whole computer?
    Thank you and I Appreciate your reply

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, rrainbow

Welcome To Wilders Security and DiamondCS Forums,

The first time you start is will say that as is as just been started, also if you have any new start up programs.

It is not a warning of a Trojan.

Go to TDS>Confuration>start, to set startup options.
    Go to TDS>Scan Control, to set your scan options.

To get Process Guard and any of DiamondCS Products go Here:- DiamondCS Products Home Page

Call back with any questions
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

During the building if the next version TDS-4 several things changed dramatically in trojan country so with that lots of new technologies were developed in the meantime and included in new products like ProcessGuard among others. So where possible some of the new technologies are used already, only they will be used differently in TDS-4 and we can expect more novelties. Don't wait for it: with TDS-3 you already have a top notch protection as one of the protection series, and registered TDS-3 users aer upgraded for free.

If TDS says something about "change in autostart detected" it's best to have a look in the Autostart Explorer -- in the next version we'll get an indication to which/where. In my case it has to do rather often when i used for instance QuickTime viewer which keeps on adding itself to the autostart, which i really don't want as i use it only occasional, so i keep deleting that key from the autostart each time and thus i can expect an alert when it was added and next time when i deleted the key.
    But it's good to have a look to be sure.

In the Scan options you can scan everything: all memory is checked in every way and you can set in the TDS > Edit Files > Scans the full system Scan for instance to look in all logical drives and partitions etc.
    You can scan all drives in your computer and network, but not remotely all memories in all network clients: for that you need own installed TDS versions on each client. You can start their scan remotely though.

You might like to look how/if you want to protect your registry further with the Regprotect (DiamondCS products page, free tools) and if you like it.

4. rrainbow

Hi there TheQuest,
    I have been Very Very Busy to say the Least and I Hope you get this post.
    You wrote:
    Go to TDS>Confuration>start, to set startup options.
    Go to TDS>Scan Control, to set your scan options.

The TDS>Configuration>Start - is under TDS>Configuration and then a box pops up to configure and the Tab Startup is already there to configure.
    The TDS>Scan Control is really under System Testing>Scan Control :rolleyes:

I truly didn't think the NOTICE: there has been a change detected in the Registry - didn't mean that it found a Trojan, but I thought it was a hacker changing a program in the AutoStart Registry. But I guess not.
    Yes, I will download Process Guard when I have time to study how it works.
    Thanks So Much...
    These are Crucial: www.ustibet.org and www.killercoke.org and www.peta.org

5. rrainbow

Hi Jooske,

O.K., I am convinced that TDS 3 is at 100% proficiency and that we don't to wait for the TDS 4 but can download it when it is available. I thought I'd have a top notch software with TDS. Why improve on improvement. It catches all the trojans anyway, I bet. But there is always new software coming out.

"If TDS says something about "change in autostart detected" it's best to have a look in the Autostart Explorer -- in the next version we'll get an indication to which/where"

I did look in the Autostart Explorer and saw only the programs, but that doesn't tell me anything. As you know a trojan can be anywhere attached to anything. But your software would detect that anyway. So theres nothing 2 worry about. I would Really Like a software that shows me which/where things are that are detected by the software!!

I see what you mean by QuickTime. If you delete it and it comes back then TDS will alert you again that something has been changed(added). I agree it is Good to look, just to be Sure!

Well, as long as you can scan the Files and Folders who cares too much about all the memories for now till you can get to your computer to scan All of it.

O.K. I'll download RegProtect and see if I like it! Thats just what I want!! I've been looking for a Registry Guard to keep people from downloading a Trojan into my Registry which they couldn't be found with ordinary Trojan finding software because the other ones look for the Torjans outside the Registry!
    Thank you for your help. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. There was some Really Important things I've had to do!
    ;)

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If you love security on your system, you will love the various DiamondCS tools running together and covering so many holes, and because those programs are so wonderful to run!

The indication what exactly chaged in the autostart will be in the next TDS version, and i would love that in the AutoStartViewer too. Now i can save logs of that and try to compare them, but so many lines and figures, very hard to say what did actually change!

Seeing what connects with Port Explorer and deal with it, together with ProcessGuard to protect your processes you choose to be extra protected is a nice combination to tighten your system for the kind of activities if they would bet into your system at all.

7. rrainbow

Yes, I do Love Security!! Oh boy, I've been Extremely busy. I forgot your post here. Now I've got answers to all of my inquiries so now I will get my life back. To cover the holes is the best thing to do. I knew just after when I found the TDS site that it would be what I was looking for. I will be buying the TDS soon anyway.
    What do you think of BoClean. I hate to ask you but what do you think is better, if you know, BoClean or TDS. I read that one man has both...ha ha... well, we know hes never going to get Intruded on, thats 4 Sure!!
    Anyway, yea I can't wait for the TDS 4 but Thank You for telling about both ProcessGuard and Port Explorer. I never got a chance to try it. When I get on my Compute again I will download both.
    Yes, that would be Good in the AutoStartViewer too. Thats what will round out TDS for the Best! I agree totally that both Port Explorer and ProcessGuard are what will keep the system tight from Noseys!! Thank you for your input. I Really enjoy chatting about software on such Forums like these...Especially This ONE. :rolleyes:

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, welcome back!

TDS-4 ActiveGuard will be the resident protection you're looking for besides the on demand scanning with TDS and the network options etc, so with that so close around the corner, you're convinced of the current TDS-3, 4 will be really rocking!
    ProcessGuard to gurad the processes and Port Explorer to explore the ports in use by all applications, CryptoSuite since you live more security for your sensitive files and you love chatting, so it has a secure encrypted chatbox included, in which you connect to or invite other people, immediately from pc to pc so no other uninvited guests!
    Oh you missed wormGuard, for the worms and scripts protection.
    Nice stuff, you're right, and autostartViewer, Gavin posted how you can include it in TDS if you like to replace the current autostart explorer (i like that little one as it is a very quick overview for me -- the whole ASViewer contains so many entries i would keep searching and not finding changes if not indicated exactly! but that's me of course)
    Would recommend to get ALL the products and tools from the free tools page as each of them has so many real nice use!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.