Quarantined file question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DooGie, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

I'm running NOD32 version 3.0.667 and have had no problems until now.
    When I look at Quarantine it is showing 5 files all of which were blocked from being downloaded. I don't particularly want to keep them there as 4 of them are from last year so I right click on one and select Remove. I get the normal dialogue box " Do you really want to remove the selected files", I click on Yes then get another dialogue box coming up saying "Removing file from quarantine failed".
    I found the Quarantine directory and there were no files in it even though they were showing in the NOD32 interface.
    My question, how do I remove the entries?
    Also could this be a result of installing the latest version of NOD over the previous one or as they were blocked at download have they ever existed in quarantine?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you do a search of your hard drive for *.NQF and *.NDF files, are any found ?

3. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

I'm at work at the moment. I'll check when I get home.

4. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

I've just done a search for files with those extensions and there are none.

5. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

I've tried an uninstall, followed by manually removing any leftovers then a cleanout of the registry. After this I ran a clean installation and the entries are still showing up :( Plus I now can't update NOD32, it keeps telling me that " the installed virus signature database is current"
    Database version showing is 3192 which is around a week out of date.

UPDATE

Update is now working ok but I still can't get rid of the non-existent entries in quarantine.
    Does anyone know where this info is stored?

UPDATE 2

Thanks for the info regarding the .NQF and .NDF files Bubba.
    I suddenly realised I hadn't enabled viewing of protected operating system files. After enabling this I found files with these extensions.
    Removing them got rid of the erroneus quarantine entries.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You definetly had me scratching my head earlier because to the best of my knowledge that's the only location it could have been pulling the quarantine info from.

In any case, glad you were able to clear it up :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.