Q re Blackspears Settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Albinoni, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Does anyone know if Blackspears settings for NOD32 also backup your username and password for NOD32. Reason I asked this question is that recently I purchased NOD32 for a 1 yr license from Simple Security Solutions and when I'd try to put back in my settings which I had saved (which was done over 1 year ago), during the update process it asked for my Username and Password, obviously when I did this by clicking on the registry icon it must of put back in the old username and password which had expired. When I did the backup over a year ago I backed it up in regedit, i,e through the registry.

Also the other question now is that in future if I do any IT work for people and I want to put NOd32 with Blackspears settings on their PC, this would mean they would than get my Username and Password on their machine. Because I think this is what happens when I try to save the NOD32 settings in the registry.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

That is correct in both cases.

In the second instance you will need to change the UN and PW before leaving the clients premises, or handing over their machine. This is what the Evaluation license is provided for in Australia.

Cheers :D

3. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Ok thanks for that. Basically your saying once I've done the settings or restored them, go into NOD32, choose update than setup and change it back to their Username and Password.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Correct.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.