PXE Running - One More Question...

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by hambones, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hambones

hambones Registered Member

Ok So i configured the PXE server, and now I can get machines to boot off it which brings me to the screen where I can deploy the software or continue to windows.

Is there anyway to automate this so I don't have to sit by each machine?

Also, once into the actual deployment software where it lets me specify the NIC settings, it has IP addresses automatically in there which do not work (basically I can't see the machine in the management console).

However, if I change the IP address to something in my network it works. Is there anyway to do this so each time its automatically in there?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Scott,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to automate this bootup process in the current version of Acronis Snap Deploy. However this function was implemented into the next version Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0 which will be released in the nearest future.

In order to investigate the problem further, we need to know the topology of your network (both logical and physical). What we exactly need to know is:

- Whether all the machines (DHCP Server, Acronis OS Deploy Server and Acronis Snap Deploy Agent machines) are in the same subnet;
    - The physical configuration of the network and how all the machines (DHCP Server, Acronis OS Deploy Server and Acronis Snap Deploy Agent machines) are connected to each other (whether all of them are connected to the same switch or the configuration is more complex);
    - On which machine the master image file resides;
    - The model names of the network hardware used in the network (the models of the network cards, network switches);
    - Whether there are any other router hardware/software;
    - What are the settings of your routers regarding the Multicast packets handling.

This information would let us understand what may be causing the problem and provide you with a solution it as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.